The str_word_count() function can be used to counts the number of words in a string.
- string – Required. Specifies the string to check
- return – Optional. Specifies the return value of the str_word_count() perform.
- 0 – Default. Returns the number of words found
- 1 – Returns an array within the words from the string
- 2 – Returns an array wherever the key’s the position of the word within the string, and value is that the actual word
- char – Optional. Specifies special characters to be considered as words.