If you are familiar with PHP, where you can use the in_array() function to search value in the Array, and it returns the Boolean value ( TRUE or FALSE ) to Check if values are exists in Array.
- how you can check whether an Array already contains a specific value or not.
- This requires within the program in some cases like –
- Stop new value from insert if it already exists in an Array.
- Execute script when the Array contains the particular value.
Methods used to Check if values are exists in Array:
- First start with a loop.
- You can easily find the value within an Array by traversing on the Array and check for the value.
- It works both with string and an Array.
- It is a jQuery function that returns the index position of the value when it finds the value otherwise -1.
- It also works with string and an Array.
- Some of the methods which you can use to search your value in the existing Array. Using this you can remove or replace the duplicate values.
- If you are using jQuery within your project then you can simply go with inArray() method otherwise you can indexOf() method.